Friday, April 20, 2012

Write a haiku about libraries

April is National Poetry Month and we've been celebrating by posting haiku about libraries or reading penned by library staff all over the library. Here are a few:

Board books let
tiny hands hold
big thoughts

Meeting on Thursday
Mysteries, thrillers and more
Have a snack, let's talk

While browsing the stacks
I thought I saw zombies there
Oh, it's my brother!

Now it's your turn. Please help us celebrate poetry month by posting your own library poem on our Facebook page.

If you will post one
We'll know you're reading this blog
Can't wait to see it!

2 comments:

  1. Reading titles
    on a shelf
    Gives my neck
    a pain or two.

    Why can't they not
    Be turned on sides
    And then my neck
    Would happy be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! How funny, I've always thought the same thing. Tried it at home, but it just doesn't work as well. Thanks for the poem, anyway!

      Delete