Monday, May 21, 2012

Declutter your life

It's not just me. Admittedly, I am on a personal quest due to my age, my finances, and my desire to live more simply, but it seems de-cluttering is the rage with lots of people these days.

There are tips for de-cluttering in 30 days and, even better, de-cluttering in 5 minutes. There are tips for de-cluttering your home and advice for de-cluttering your office. There is absolutely no excuse for not de-cluttering with these helpful books.

There are books about organizing your space, organizing your time, organizing your closet, organizing your employees, even organizing America (too much for me, for sure). There are even books about clutter's first cousin, hoarding, including the recently ordered The Hoarder in You by Dr. Robin Zasio.
You also might want to explore the principles of feng shui and, my favorite approach, philosophically at least, wabi sabi.

If you are reading this blog you are probably already a library user and saving lots of space and money by checking out books instead of buying them. (I know, I know, we still books every now and then - we're only human.) Recently a library patron told staff she was throwing out the old copies of her favorite magazine and buying the library a subscription so that she could read it here instead of cluttering up her house. Of course, staff thought that was a great idea! See more about about buying the library a magazine subscription.
 
Finally, you could do what I am hoping to do some day. Buy a tiny home - you'll be forced to streamline your possessions if you live in a small space. Two of my favorite websites dealing with tiny homes are Tumbleweed Tiny House Company and Tiny House Blog. See? I'm practicing living small already and learning how to de-clutter. It's hard, but rewarding too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment